Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The switcheroo

Kitty Hawk, NC (LC Press)- A romp by the sprinters brought a much needed stage win to DS Max Dyer's team. Heavy on sprinters, this was the stage finish that Dyer needed to drag himself out of the basement.

Eddie Winkler's team still remains in the lead of the GC, but that lead is not out of reach of several teams. Another strong sprint stage could bring his lead to an end. Many teams now find themselves in a must win position in order to remain in the chase for the maglia rosa. DS Jason Darden, though blessed with years of experience, may be seeing hopes of glory in this race fading as he has come to own last place in the GC. A good result for this aging veteran would be a feel good result that would delight the tifosi'

Complete standings

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have any coffee filters this morning. I had to use a paper towel. It worked well. Perhaps this is a sign.

Next year I'll pick a true sprinter.

Anonymous said...

Is the 15 min. protest rule in effect? If not, team Guinea Tease should only get 20 pts for Bettini.
Sorry Jack but technicalities are the only way I can ever stay ahead of you!
H

Anonymous said...

Stage 5 had big Maggie written all over it. 3 min down? Who knew he was only coming to protect Vandvelde?
Eddie

Anonymous said...

Howard you are correct and you beat me to my own punch. I noticed at lunch but couldn't respond then and there. In an effort to avoid scandal and allegations of doping in this fantasy cycling league of ours I am voluntarily submitting to a urine and/or blood test to prove those 20 points are not earned by a dirty fantasy rider. I would challenge the authorities behind this treachery to do the same. Dick Pound er, I mean Mr. Moore.