Friday, May 16, 2008

The long and winding road

Some of you have noticed my posting from far afield these last few days. I have spent the last four days on a bus trip with the Early College freshmen to the Outer Banks of NC. I just got home and am exhausted. Rest assured that I have not made my fortune in either the bike business (Ha!) or teaching (HA HA!) and retired to a secluded beachside bungalow. Besides, the mountain biking looked pretty nonexistent and the road riding opportunities seemed to be confined to a single road. Who would leave our little bit of cycling paradise for that? Although surfing looked pretty cool...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh-huh Early College Freshmen....ECF.....Eastern Cycling Facility. Are you sure you weren't in a secret training program?
H

Anonymous said...

son, true the beach only has one road to ride on, but don't diss the view....the scenery on the beach is the only viable argument for those ridiculous baggy shorts that mtb'ers like to wear.

wish me happy birthday.