Saturday, January 27, 2007

Pushing the limit



Congrats to junior Danny Summerhill for his 2nd place finish at Cyclocross World Championships today. Read all about his remarkable ride over at VeloNews. Next up is the Men's Elite race tomorrow. I didn't have good luck with the Sporza tv website I put up yesterday. I hope some of you were able to get it to work, but I think it hates my computer. Tomorrow, Owen and I are gonna head over to Jeff's to watch the race on Cycling TV.

Had dinner with Jeff and Shelly tonight. After riding 60 miles this morning, I needed a big meal to keep me from imploding. I wasn't able to complete the entire Lake James loop, but I got a good long ride in and I'm pretty satisfied with that. Seems like a lot of people were in town to ride and that made me feel pretty good to see. Maybe our little town seems more legitimate now that Google is coming here. Whatever the reason, it is a step in the right direction.

I'm really hoping to go ride my new mtn. bike tomorrow after the 'cross race. It has been complete for a couple of weeks now and I still haven't gotten out on it. It looks pretty forlorn hanging in the basement, but that should all end tomorrow! I hope you got out on a ride today in the beautiful weather, especially considering that tomorrow looks to be a good bit chillier with temps dropping all day long. I'm gonna keep it short tonight, since Jeff and I put away a magnum of Duvel plus other libations tonight. Don't forget to watch out for Jonathon Page and Ryan Trebon tomorrow. Another American on the podium would be pretty sweet...

No comments: