Monday, January 08, 2007

The boy and me

Played hooky from work today in order to take care of Owen. My folks were out of town, so we had a bit of a boy's day. No tattoos - yet, but we did get to flirt with a lot of women downtown. It's pretty amazing how popular Owen is. I think it's the hair that sticks up everywhere. Several women remarked, "What a cute baby!" My responses were as follows: "Half of him is mine" , "He get's his good looks from me" and "Yeah, I do good work". Owen just grins and giggles.

Owen is rolling over like it's going out of style. I have to make sure I don't leave him unattended when he is on something. Can't imagine what it would be like to tell Golden that I broke the baby...

I'm glad I didn't have to work today. An extra day to recover from Saturday was welcome indeed. I think I pulled my left calf, at least it's pretty tight and sore. I'm glad to call this 'cross season quits. It has been fun, but really tiring racing without much time to train. Hopefully, next year will be a little less hectic and I'll be able to prepare and train.

I have managed not to mention it 'til now, but I got a new mtn. bike, a BMC Team frame. It's a carbon/aluminum mix and I have had to put disc brakes on it since it wouldn't accept v-brakes. I haven't ridden it yet, but I am hoping to start doing some group mtn. bike rides on Sundays. Who would be up for a trip to Dark Mtn this Sunday? I'm pretty flexible on time, just let me know if you are interested.

No comments: