Saturday, January 20, 2007

I'm running a little late...

I ended up a little late opening the shop today. The ride got a little off schedule and I found myself many miles out with 15 minutes to get to the shop. Double Down came with me as I tried to hammer back and make it in time. Suffice it to say, I got a little away from the idea of base pace! Thanks, Dave, for the help trying to make up time. My apologies if you came to the shop today and found everything closed...

I've gotten a good bit of traffic due to my post about Floyd Landis and the whole anti-doping mess. Check out Trust but Verify to see a blow by blow account of everything that is going on. If all this keeps up, it looks like the guy who finished last is gonna start looking like a real contender for winning the '06 TdF!

Speaking of predictions, Hillary Clinton made it official today and is going to join Barak Obama in the quest to win the '08 presidential election (or the Ultimate Smackdown Championships). My prediction is that Clinton and Obama will split the hardcore, mainstream democratic vote leaving the door wide open for my dream ticket: Kucinich/Sharpton (or Sharpton/Kucinich) in '08! I can see it now, black power + pasty power for a liberal lovefest, the likes of which have never been seen before.




















Oh well, the real problem is that everybody in power likes to crow and beat their chests when what they really need to watch out for is the rising power of the average person. More and more people (myself included, obviously) are taking advantage of the ease with which you can have your voice broadcast around the world by just posting to the internet. Technology could lead us to a time when government is no longer representative, but direct. '08 will see the Machiavellian political machines working to harness the internet and to get it to behave, but it'll be like trying to herd cats. Dean came close, but you saw what happened to him (over and over and over...). Something's got to change...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple weeks ago the big headline was about Obama trying Cocaine once in college. Do you think this will really hurt him come election time?

Clinton said he didn't inhale, I'm not sure you use that with the nose candy.

HR said...

Hey easy on Kucinich, he was my choice last time around. Living in the right wing haven of the Sandhills is tough on a liberal.

At least I know Gdub won't be elected again. So I've got that going for me.