Saturday, January 13, 2007

laid low by an invisible hand

I've got to apologize for missing a post yesterday. Some sort of evil mutant cold virus nailed me yesterday morning and I've been fighting it ever since. I resorted to carrying a bandanna with me to function as an old man hanky in an effort to staunch the flow streaming from my sinuses. It reminded me of the little boy with his fingers in the dike. Anyway, I came home from the shop last night, took some NyQuil and passed out immediately after watching "Idiocracy". It was that deep, deep sleep that only a drug can impart. Like Denis Leary said (I paraphrase) the bottle should say 'don't take while standing'; kiss the wife and kids 'cause you're going bye-bye! Needless to say, I was unable to write anything.

Rent "Idiocracy". It is an implausible (hopefully) story about the EXTREME dumbing down of the world over the course of 500 years. It was funny and yet, back of mind scary, all at the same time. Written and directed by Mike Judge (Office Space) and starring Luke Wilson.

So, today was the Praxis II General Secondary Science test. I'll find out in 4 weeks whether or not my self assessment of my performance is correct. In a word, I think I blew it big time - BIG TIME, I say! It was hard in unspeakable ways. It definitely ran the science gambit, covering a potpourri of scientific knowledge. My brain hurts from the effort.

One bright spot on the day was that I got to see the video that Charles shot of the Lenoir 'cross race and it was beyond excellent. I will be posting it in the next day or two for you to watch. Let Charles know what you think of it, since I know he put a lot of effort into it.

No mtn. bike ride for tomorrow. I'm gonna spin a little in the morning. Join us for a 10 am ride leaving from the shop. Well, I'm gettin' woozy...

No comments: