Friday, March 02, 2007

you better recognize!



Tomorrow is the beginning of a magic two months of bike races. Omloop Het Volk kicks off the northern classics season in a big way. While not a true classic (it's about an hour too short) it uses a lot of the same roads and climbs as the Ronde van Vlaandren (Tour of Flanders). Looks like the weather will be wet and cold; a perfect day for hard man bike racing. I'm hoping to see a return to glory of the tannest man in bike racing, Peter Van Petegem. De Peet is tied for the record for most wins at three. He seems to always be a contender in the hard conditions of Belgium.



Current odds from unibet.com
Boonen 4.50 - duh.
Nuyens 10.00 -
McEwen 12.00 -
Pozzato 13.00 -
Hushovd 13.00 -
Steegmans 16.00 -
Gilbert 18.00 - 2006 winner
Eeckhout 20.00 -
Paolini 20.00
Hoste 20.00 -
O'Grady 22.00
Klier 22.00
Balducci 22.00
Van Heeswijk 22.00
Flecha 22.00
Devolder 22.00
Mattan 25.00
Van Bon 20.00
Eisel 35.00

Notable unmentioned rider: Paolo "the cricket" Bettini. The dude wins whatever he sets his mind to.

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to enjoy the weather with the saturday group ride. Jeff and some of the other Sledge race team members are heading to Greenville for some early season racing. I'm gonna be happy just getting on the bike! I tiled the bathroom-that-wouldn't-die with the help of my Dad yesterday and today. I'm worn out, with parts of my body sore that don't make any sense. The balls of my feet have been numb for a day... It'll be nice to just spin for a couple of hours before the shop opens. See you at 10 am.

No comments: