Thursday, March 15, 2007

News Flash: "If the piss don't fit, you must acquit!"



I don't really like to pat myself on the back, but I TOLD YOU SO! Check out this latest revelation in the Floyd Landis doping case. More and more, it looks like Landis will get vindication and will clear his name and deal a serious blow to the WADA witch hunt to boot.

I can't say that I feel sorry for Floyd as much as I feel sorry for the pro peloton. It is conceivable that he could be exonerated in time to toe the line at the Tour this year! If he does, I can only imagine the Old Testament-Mennonite fury that he will unleash on the roads of France in the ultimate "F*** You" to the ASO, WADA and UCI. This screw up has cost riders their sponsorships, sunk a startlingly good team (Phonak), and created a great sucking maelstrom of innuendo and finger-pointing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, make a transparent testing protocol that follows it's own rules and procedures and sets itself above reproach through action and deed, not arrogance, and then we'll start to fix the doping problem!

2 comments:

Larry said...

Never back down from your convictions and always make your daddy proud!

Anonymous said...

Faith is always a good thing to have Shawn.

My only comment on the Floyd saga is this: the lad picked the wrong sport to be innocent in.