Saturday, December 30, 2006

Timmy Tooth vs. Owen the Irritable

Seems that Owen has decided to start sprouting teeth. He exudes this really thick drool and tries to chew on everything in sight. It's like having a puppy that screams. This little bit of maturation along with yesterday's drive-a-palooza conspired to make Omac one cranky little dude all day.

Went on a big, chilly group ride. About 12 people showed (where were ya'll last saturday when it was warm?) and it was a nice smooth ride. Nobody pissed of the Killah and he allowed everyone to remain upright for another day. Charles rode his cracked (in 3 places) carbon fiber frame and to my relief, it was still in one piece when I turned around.

Over the holiday break, we got to ride with a few people from out of town. It is really nice to ride with people who aren't from here; it helps me to appreciate even more how good the riding is here. One guy even said, "Wow, you guys HAVE to ride here everyday. That's really gotta suck." This as we rolled down the freshly paved Steeltown Rd. past the most beautiful horse I've ever seen in person. Yeah, rolling terrain, mountains, lightly trafficed roads, beautiful scenery, it all combines to make this a really crappy place to be a cyclist...

Hopefully by now you know that I try to help my friends out. Now, I would like to say that my good friend Dr. J-mac has a problem: his new partner at his family practice backed out on him at the last moment and he needs a replacement. I talked with him briefly in order to get the particulars. Apparently, he is pretty firm on the applicant having a medical degree. Other than that, a willingness to move to Lenoir would be helpful and interest in cycling would be a big plus. Drop me a line if you're interested.

No comments: