Monday, December 04, 2006

More 'cross report

From: Shelli
Subject: Burlington 'cross
Think you should also publish fellow Sledgehammer Charlie's teammate, Bob Pugh's performances. He placed 9th yesterday. Go BOB!!!!
Although both he and Ken Johnson have not done enough races to place in the overall, both have raced well this season and congrats should be made. Also worthy of mention, is that Sledgehammer Charlie's as a team is great. Though full results have not been posted (come on Tim!), as of Race #5, S.C.'s was ranked 6th out of nearly 60 Teams. Equally important to mention, is that you yourself are ranked 5th in the Series right now and that the Mens 4's Field happens to be the largest field out there. You had 40 riders Sunday. So, 12th and 18th for you and Jack is awesome. Luckily for Jeff, Ed is still only 27 points ahead. Still very doable for Welch with a winning performance (which we KNOW he can pull off!) and a 3rd place or worse finish for Ed. All kidding aside, the man is NOT a Terminator... vulnerable, human and subject to mechanicals just like the rest of us mortals. Everyone out there focus your mental energies on the S.C. Squad and hold your breath... next weekend should prove to be an exciting one!
Shelli

Sorry for overlooking you Bob. I cheered for Bob while I warmed up on the trainer, so I didn't get to see how he did. A big belated congrats! As for my current overall standing, I am not sure what kind of math Tim learned as a child, but I am holding out on any high hopes until later this week 'cause I just don't see it the way it's listed right now. Around here they might opine: "that dog don't hunt".

I am super stoked that our little band of merry men + woman has managed such a high overall team standing. Tanglewood has come down to do or die for us all. I hope to leave everything on the course and have just enough strength left to tip a bottle to my lips afterward.

Here are some race pics:


Shelli gets off to a flying start!


Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!


Jeff took this photo a little out of focus to make me at least look fast...


I'm telling you, she's ready to eat her own guts and ask for seconds...


Here I am with the men's cx4's rocking out to A Charlie Brown Christmas by the Vince Guaraldi Trio. At the starting line. Seriously. Please, please, please can we have some music with a little more energy during the races?

So Shelli is wondering what I meant by telling her she had just 2 more steps. Well SW, it's just two more steps to the top of the podium!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Series notes from the brewmeister- HH. Hendersonville launched me from 5th into 3rd in the geezers brigade(55+). Burlington.... rats, back to 4th, but I beat the guy who was 4th before and I never beat him previously so I was very happy to have that result. Tanglewood ... it ain't over 'til..and I want that 3rd!

Anonymous said...

couple other pics I found from raceday are listed below:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php?id=/photos/2006/nov06/ncgp1_06/IMG_2751

http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php?id=/photos/2006/nov06/ncgp1_06/IMG_2752