Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The beauty of friends

I truly love this period of time between the solstice ( or xmas, or hannukah) and the new year. I feel very hopeful and nostalgic at the same time and it seems like anything is possible in the coming year. Friends seem to stand out a little bit brighter amongst all of the lights in my life right now and I find myself regarding them like a diamond eyed by an appraiser. I think that your friends are a real reflection of the person that you are. I hope that I live up to what I see reflected back at me.

My friend Chris has been visiting from Tallahassee. He is kind and genereous to a point that makes me feel protective of him. He is full of stories and good cheer and pitches in with whatever project I have going on at the time. If I needed a brain transplant, Chris is the kind of guy that wouldn't hesitate to get in line as a donor.

Now, for a true show of friendship. I have heard that bridesmaids often sacrifice dignity for the sake of pleasing their dear friend, the bride. I submit to you that this:



is the ultimate self-sacrifice in order to make a friend happy.

Now, I don't like to cast stones, but you might be a sh**kicker if you get married in duck hunting camouflage...

No comments: