Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The plague

You know how people say that when there is a nuclear war, the only thing left alive will be cockroaches? Well, in the coming plagues that mankind seems hellbent to unleash on itself by pushing deeper and deeper into places we have no business being, the only people left alive will be teachers. You have no idea how strong our immune systems are after spending so much time around less-than-hygienic, germ-riddled kids. But one must be vigilant! Golden's sojourn into stay-at-home mommydom has left her white blood cells critically unprepared and a bug slipped through. So now, she is sick and consequently, so is Owen.

Owen is now facing the first real dilemma of his very young life: how do you suck on a pacifier with a stuffy nose? Apparently, it ain't working out too well for him, judging from the pissed off screaming that led up to his finally passing out. I had to go rub his tummy to relax him. I know that works for me; just my rub stomach and I'm pretty much out...

Somehow, I have dodged the bullet. No hacking, sneezing or general stuffed sinus pain for me. That's good because when my sinuses get stuffed, I'm pretty much useless - okay, more useless that normal.

I got this email today:

userid = shawnmoore1
FirstLastName = Doug Snyder
Email = thejellydots@gmail.com
Message = Hi,

I'm Doug Snyder and I found your blog by googling jellydots. I wrote "Bicycle" and I wanted to thank you for the mention.
I just went for a cruise on my 70's Peugot touring bike and realized it had been too long since I'd done that.

Peace,

Doug Snyder Age 34 acting like I'm still 19

Now either that is pretty damn cool or these guys are really going all out to sell some records! Well, it worked 'cause I went and downloaded the whole album from iTunes. It's like post-punk rock for kids, so it's pretty much right up my alley. I'll leave you with this:

One day Owen, half of all this will be yours...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Success!!!
It worked!!
Just kidding.
Bike folk are my fave and I might as well tell you that my goal for "Bicycle" is to make it 2007's Tour de France themesong.

Will you help me do this, my friend?

Doug