Tuesday, December 19, 2006

"Misty, watercolor memories...."



Today is my seventh anniversary with Golden. It is amazing to think how far we have traveled together since then. We have gone from a bike racer + full-time student couple to full-time teachers and new parents. Amazing...

We got married in a beautiful place called Oak Creek Canyon between Sedona and Flagstaff, AZ. Our family and friends had to hike in about a quarter mile to what is left of the Zane Grey homestead (the place where he wrote the book "Call of the Canyon") right on the banks of Oak Creek. Our friend Anthony De La Garza got ordained just in time to perform the ceremony (yeah mail-order ordination!). Our dog, Luna (the bike shop's namesake and the world's best dog), was the ring bearer. I remember little details about the event, but nothing really big. I guess I was just too caught up in everything for it all to register. I do know it was a great time and one of the happiest days of my life (catching Owen and being the first person he ever saw is now number one).

Marriage has not been one big happy joy ride. It is an ongoing piece of work with good times and bad times, but I am incredibly fortunate to have found someone who not only shares my passions in life, but who accepts all of my eccentricities and tempers my dreamy optimism with enough reality to keep me from making too big of a fool of myself. If you have pulled off the same feat as I have, congratulations. If you are still looking, feel confident that your true love is out there and one day you'll find them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats.


Grom