Thursday, November 02, 2006

and now for something completely different...

I realized just how much space I have been devoting to bike racing in this 'blog as of late and figured that something needed to be done about it. Halloween has come and gone and Owen is definitely happy about it. It took about 30 seconds for the super cute costume that we bought for his first Halloween to meet with his very loud disapproval. I guess that is a lesson learned for the new parents: it never works out the way you planned. Next year, Owen is going as a toddler...

Predictably, the bike shop has become a bit of a ghost town. It's nice to have things a little more relaxed. Yesterday, Jeff and I were betting on the next street lamp to come on in the parking lot. Whew, fun times....

Well, the work week is almost over, which means that there are only 3 days to the next 'cross race!!!!!!!! Ok, I'm a loser and this is all I've got to look forward to (besides a beautiful, devoted wife and cuter-than-hell son), but give me a break, it's too much fun not to get excited about it! Anyway, this weekend features an all new course in Boone. The real deal weather report is calling for a brisk 47 degrees on the line. Jeff will have some course beta and I'll post it tomorrow. We should be seeing a large turnout from the Sledgehammer Charlie's crew. Maybe J-mac will stop nursing his "injury" and put in an appearance?
linky: Boone 'Cross 411

No comments: