Thursday, November 09, 2006

"220, 221; whatever it takes."


So today is Day 2 of my Mr. Mom experience. Golden went back to work yesterday and I am taking the next 3 weeks off to take care of Owen until my parents get moved in down the street. We didn't want Owen to have to go to daycare for a week and a half and my very supportive boss was up for me taking the time off to hang out with the little dangger. My biggest responsibility has been to get Owen to drink from a bottle. He has developed into quite the boob man (who among you can blame him?) and so yesterday was a bit rough. He finally got hungry enough to stop screaming and give the bottle a go. Today, there were no issues and he seems to breeze right through it. I am enjoying hanging out with him. We've gone running (more me than him really) and we have chewed on lots of stuffed animals (more him than me). I somehow managed a truly frightening reading of "Don't let the pigeon drive the bus!" that brought him to tears in less than 4 pages, but other than that things are going well.

Today is Jeff's 43rd birthday, so if you drop by this week, wish him a happy b-day!

3 days to SandHELL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your giant gromment was a "boob-man" as well when he was a baby. Never would take a bottle, or pacifier or thumb! Guess mother's milk makes little boys grow very tall and strong.