Saturday, July 21, 2007

"You tell'em I'm comin' and hell's comin' with me!" - Wyatt Earp, Tombstone

Tomorrow is looking to be the day that Astana sets the world on fire. After today's tt, the peloton has definitely been served notice of the hard times to come! Vino' uncorked a huge performance today and let it be known that he plans on attacking in the Pyrenees. And remember, this guy doesn't throw down an attack, get caught and then play shrinking violet with the lead group until someone else attacks. No no no, this guy attacks, get's caught and then attacks again. And again. And again. As Golden put it so well this evening, "that guy's not a shit talker, he's a shit doer". (Ah, just a glimpse at one of the many reasons why we're married)

I spent today tubing the New River with my new colleagues at the Early College High School. We had a sort of floating faculty meeting. It was great, much better than I had anticipated. Even though the water level was way down, we were able to float most of the time with only minimal amounts of pushing. I remembered the sunblock, so I am not currently looking like a lobster!

You'd better get up early and watch the stage tomorrow at 7:30 'cause you just don't know what is going to happen! I predict Astana will use the Vino'-Kloden one-two combo to maximum effectiveness in the next few days. I can't wait...

No comments: