Sunday, February 11, 2007

the sad goodbye

There's a special, tiny heartbreak you feel when you wave goodbye to the group ride as it heads off without you. Today was that kind of day for me. I have too many balls up in the air right now, and I needed to take some time to try and regain some control. Fortunately, the temps were just cool enough to keep me from regretting not riding too much. As a frenzied work weekend draws to a close, I feel a certain sense of accomplishment. Now, the work week begins to rear its ugly head.

Tomorrow, I'll be finishing "An Inconvenient Truth" with my students. Attempts to draw them into a discussion about it on Friday were less than stellar. Hopefully, tomorrow will see more lively discussion. One class was very much into talking about the movie and the issues presented. You can hear their parents and FOX News in some of their comments, but others were surprising with insightful questions. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"There's a special, tiny heartbreak you feel when you wave goodbye to the group ride as it heads off without you."

I know the feeling. It happens to me every time the group comes to a climb.