Saturday, February 03, 2007

I think winter's here

It was, no doubt about it, cold today. Temp's in the lower 30's with a godawful wind that seemed to drive the chill right into your bones. I started working on the bathroom-remodeling-that-wouldn't-die, when Jeff texted me. "You gonna ride?", it said. I stepped outside to assess the weather situation and realized in fairly short order that I am not a true hard man of the north. I texted him back, "I'm too young to freeze a nut off". He seemed down with that assessment of the situation.

We opened the shop up at noon, just in time for Randy, Peter, and Charles to roll up from the 10am group ride. You know it's cold when Randy is wearing leg warmers, so it must have really been cold because he was wearing booties, too. Come to find out, 14 people showed up for today's ride. 14! And you know something, I don't feel the least bit guilty for not riding today. I stayed warm, played with Owen and put the last coat of pain on the bathroom. I got things done...

Tomorrow is a different story, however. Jeff and I will be meeting some guys from Boone to ride the trails at Kerr Scott. It may be cold, but in the woods, you don't feel the wind like you do on the road. Afterwards, I might head up to my folks house to watch the Super Bowl. Two black head coaches in the Bowl is a momentous occassion, so I might just have to go check it out.

The City Council meeting that will feature the Recycling Center on the agenda will not be this tuesday, Feb. 6th. It will be tuesday, Feb. 20th. If you want to speak at the meeting, you need to contact the city office to be placed on the agenda. Keep writing those emails and letters to the editor! Two letters to the editor linked to readers of this site have been published so far! The more we speak, the less we can be ignored!

No comments: