Wednesday, February 07, 2007

downhill

Not much to say tonight. Pretty thankful that wednesday is in the books and its on to thursday!

I put some robots in the hands of my students today. It was my favorite way to teach: minimal, but key instructions and then turn them loose to actually try and solve a problem. Some success and some sitting and staring, but pretty successful given that the students had to program them to perform three seperate tasks. Little do they know, it is just the beginning...

Owen keeps getting cuter and more animated everyday. I feel like I'm getting to know somebody every time I'm with him. It is the soolest and most unexpected aspect of parenthood so far. A coworker at school is expecting his first child this summer. I recognize myself in his sort of jokingly cynical demeanor, but I know that, like me, he's scared shitless about the whole parenthood prospect. I have purposefully avoided saying any of the millions of cliches that people said to me to him. I feel that there is know way that anyone can tell you anything to prepare you for having a kid, so why even try? I prefer to experience it all fresh with no preconceptions gleaned from the "wisdom" of others. It is nice to hear people relate their own expereinces though. Then you know that you're no the first to have experienced some weird occurence with your child!

Short one tonight. Maybe after hammering on the bathroom for a while tomorrow, I'll be sufficiently inspired. Weekend weather holds promise for being nice riding conditions. Keep everything crossed on that one!

No comments: