Tuesday, October 03, 2006

new bike + bitter realizations = my 'cross season

The Good: I finally have gotten a super sweet 'cross bike. Jeff and I both got Redline Conquest Team scandium frames with Ritchey WCS carbon 'cross forks. My bike is now almost a pound and a half lighter and much smoother in the rough. Jeff keeps eyeing my bike and telling me to take good care of "his" pit bike. I am seriously gonna have to set him straight one of these days...

The Bad: I don't think that my 15 minute, one-way commute and one training ride a weekend training schedule is really working out for me. I think I'm gonna have to train more... heck, maybe I should start with actually training...

The Ugly: 3 weeks to the first 'cross race of the season. Color me sucky... I know that the Nemesis is eating miles like rice krispies. My only hope in helping with his dethronement this season is to get a great start and flying tackle him in the first turn and hope he dislocates something... not that I would actually do anything like that, mind you...

No comments: