Thursday, October 12, 2006

Impending doom


Saturday is about to jump up and slap me silly. The plan is to race the men's cat. 4 AND the master's 35+ 'cross races at Johnson City this weekend. 30 minutes in the pain cave (cat. 4 race), then like a 15-30 minute break (defib time) and then 45 minutes of deep pain cave exploration. I'm gonna need a safety line to find my way back out. This little jaunt is a sad attempt to try to shock my system into realizing that the season is now upon us. I am sooooooooooo not ready...
Oh well, can't stave off the inevitable. If all goes to plan, J-dub and I should still be able to make it back in time for 'cross practice! If not, think of me as you throw a leg over the barriers.
There is one HUGE positive to the race though: young Owen McCormick Moore will be attending his first bike race! The search is on for a size appropriate bell for him to ring along the course. It will be the first of many memories he will be able to recall on the podium when he wins his first world championship.......

No comments: