Friday, June 22, 2007

Winds of change

The Crit is tomorrow from 9 to 4. I get the feeling that the fields will be a bit bigger and a bit stronger this year over last year. Being the second year of the race, I sense that there are more people willing to make the trip here and check it out. Hopefully, some good word of mouth for the strong job that Alex and Chuck did last year, has been passed around. Come down and check out the most exciting form of bicycle racing (for spectators, at least)! The shop will be open from 9 to 4 to take care of any last minute needs. We'll have bottled water on ice all day!

I've been out of town most of this week at a teaching workshop for my new position. Suffice it to say that I definitely got recharged and I am buzzing with new ideas. That is always a good feeling to have as a teacher. A truly remarkable thing happened today. A former student came into the shop and apologized for their behavior in my class. It was the first time that has ever happened to me and it definitely made an impression on me.

No group ride tomorrow, but we'll see you at the race!

No comments: