Monday, May 14, 2007

Cycle to Serve debrief

Cycle to Serve was Saturday and I dare say, it was highly successful. Almost everyone I talked to remarked at how pretty the course was and how well organized the event was. It was great to hit some of our best routes with 150+ other riders and get their reactions to our little "playground".

My ride went pretty well. I am definitely not in shape and it showed on the Dug Hill climb. I got dropped and gamely chased from there (about 50+ miles to go) with Jack Brown, Cecilio and some out-of-towners. We made good progress and kept a good pace, but with about 5 miles to go, I bid Jack and Cecilio adieu as I couldn't hold their wheels anymore. I still felt like I had accomplished something by finishing the 65 miles in about 3:12. Who knew parenthood would take up so much of my time? ;)

Well, if you haven't heard, Floyd's trial began today. VeloNews promised live coverage, but I have yet to find it. As soon as I do, I'll post the link so you can follow along. At least this hearing is public, unlike Hamilton's. don't count on any great revelations, this thing is surely destined for the Court of Arbitration for Sport; a process that will surely drag into next year.

Scandal not withstanding, I am truly engrossed in the Giro d'Italia. My fantasy team is doing pretty good (it would be doing better if I had filled in all my slots for stage 1 - newbie mistake). I vaulted over 300 places with yesterday's outcome, so fortunes can change quickly. You can still register and compete on an equal footing until stage 6! Check it out at cyclingnews.com.

My butt has finally stopped hurting from Saturday's ride, so I'm looking forward to Tuesday's group ride. The ride times have changed since we have more daylight in the evening, so we now start the Tue/Thur rides at 6 pm. In additional shop news, we are now an official Blue dealer. We also will have Luna Cycles socks/bottles coming soon (early summer) and we may be getting some Luna Cycles jerseys and shorts. I'll keep you posted on those developments

No comments: