Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ross ist gut!

Grenchen-Nord, Switzerland

It has been a long, long day of travel and resetting the internal clock. It was really hot and humid when we finally got to our hotel beside a little airport. We drank some beer and watched the airplanes towing liders into the air for a good part of the afternoon. I went up to my room to just chill and ended up passing out within about 5 minutes of sitting on the bed. I woke up in a sweat due to the total absence of air conditioning in the hotel room and the building humidity. We hooked up with a lot of the other BMC folks for dinner shortly after I regained consciousness.

So far, the participants are from Slovenia, France, the UK, Benelux and China. There are others set to meet up with us tomorrow at the BMC facility, about 500m from the hotel. We are oing to see the new 2009 BMC line tomorrow and then go to Futek where all of the frames are tested to meet the EU safety requirements.

Tonight's dinner was a lot of swiss beer, horsemeat and salad (with these great pickles that tasted more like cucumbers), and pistachio ice cream for dessert. We head to Crans-Montana tomorrow afternoon and have already been served notice that we will be eating and drinking a lot tomorrow! Where we are headed is famous for its raclette, which is food that involves a great deal of cheese (like fondue but with more work), so I'll be giving it a full review.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quote: raclette, which is food that involves a great deal of cheese (like fondue but with more work)

Hmmm, I wonder what you mean by that? Raclette and fondue are quite different (to anyone from Europe).

Ah, I think I got you now: You mean more works, right? Because while cheese fondue is not much more than cheese and bread cubes, raclette is cheese melted in little pans and poured over boiled potatoes (Swiss) or bread (French), with added goodies such as vegetables (German), meats or anything fresh you could think of.

I, together with millions of other Europeans, loooove raclette!

Shawn said...

Thanks for more info Fred. I meant work, because of how the difference was explained to me by one of our hosts. He talked about how much work Raclette is for the person serving you. I am looking forward to eating it since the restaurant is a very traditional and famous raclette restaurant. One thing is for certain though, if melted cheese is involved, it must be good!

Anonymous said...

wait.




horse-what?



I mean, it's Switzerland, not Poland and certainly not Poland in 1975.

Horsemeat.
You and I need to speak, soon.