Tuesday, August 29, 2006

"It" is never it...

Jeff was lasciviously fondling his new BMC SLC01 when I walked into the shop yesterday. He has to break off the build at the onset due to the shop being so busy, so it was only in the early stages of the process. When Shelly came in, he couldn't wait to show off the bike. This prompted Shelly to ask, "so is this 'it'?" I've got to say as I think about the current stable of 6 bikes that I now have, that no bike is ever "it". I don't know about you, but I LOVE bikes, the more the better. I have built myself dozens of bikes and I have built hundreds more in my head when I was bored or had some free time. I don't know that I would ever find one bike to be the one, but I won't mind making a never ending search to find it either!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shawn: great Sunday ride today; thanks for giving me a guided tour! Look forward to many more when we get moved in. Congratulations on the birth of your son!

Peter Purcell