Sunday, September 03, 2006

2 days in a row and more than 1 gear!

Today makes the first time in a loooooooooong time that I have ridden two, count 'em, two days in a row! Plus, I rode a geared bike on a road ride for the first time in a month! So my "base" training schedule consisted of: 1 gear, 1 day a week for 1 month. Think of it as the anti-Carmichael Training System. I have also included a carefully controlled regimen of beer consumption to naturally increase my testosterone levels.
The ride today was definitely an insult to the body. The soreness definitely presented me with an anatomy lesson of the musculature from the waist down. It was sheer dedication that kept me riding. Now, unbelievably, I'm contemplating a ride tomorrow morning! I'm afraid of overtraining, but I might just risk it....

No comments: