Thursday, September 07, 2006

Luna product test

In a neverending quest to provide you with the highest quality product information, I have given up the Scott CR1 I have ridden all season and built up a BMC Streetfire SSX. The Streetfire is BMC's all aluminum and least expensive road frame. Jeff described the ride as being like a "jackhammer", but I don't agree. Either he is of a more delicate constitution or my butt is tougher, but I think the ride is surprisingly smooth and lively. Not something that aluminum is known for being. It does not transmit much road vibration and is really the first aluminum frame I have actually liked riding. I let you know more thoughts when I have more time on it...

I also got a pair of Sugoi RS flex bib shorts. They are possibly the most comfortable shorts I have ever used. They fit VERY tightly, but the fabric is super lightweight and very soft to the touch. The chamois is the 2006 version and is very comfortable. I have seen the new 2007 chamois and it must be super comfortable to be an improvement on the '06.

Sad news at the shop: the weekly rides (monday, tuesday, thursday) will start at 5:30 beginning Mon. Sept. 11th. I know many of you won't be able to make the new time (we won't be able to either, Jeff is a frickin' slave driver) and we apologize. Due to the shortened amount of daylight, the traditional 6ish start just doesn't leave enough safe riding time. We are still a small bike shop and we can't afford to lose any customers!

Don't be bashful about leaving comments, you don't even need to have anything meaningful to say. Want info on something? Let me know and I'll see what I can do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will just stick to the steel bike and save a few $