Thursday, November 15, 2007

Uh-oh... snow?

It looks like nature is going to play a part in this weekend's NC Gran Prix of Cyclocross. The temps are plummeting and snow is swirling all around us. The 9:30 am start for the CX4 race is going to be in the downright welldigger's butt crack chilly vicinity. I'm sure the ground will be frozen solid. Last year this meant zero traction in crucial spots and more than a few warm-up lap crashes transpired. The master's race will neatly bookend the day with a 3:30 pm start. By that time the ground should be mushy to partly goopy. I'm not sure which condition will be best...

I'm going to be stepping up to the line with a new piece of equipment this weekend. Due to the big break between the CX4's and the master's, I will be using the ZIPP 303's with Tufo Flexus 32's that Jeff has been hogging thus far this season. These wheels will drop 2lbs. off of the total bike weight. I can't even fathom what that is going to feel like! Now I will really be on a no excuse bike.

There is a new forum up for cycling in NC. Check out and use bikingnc.com and try to make a statewide cycling community! I'm in the process of revamping this 'blog, so if you have any favorite bike sites you think I should put up permanent links to, send 'em my way.

Group trainer rides will start the week after Thanksgiving on Tuesday and Thursday night's at 7:00 pm. Let us know if you are interested by either emailing or calling the shop.

Lastly, I wanted to post a few pics from Pinehurst that Jenna sent me.



Post race recovery/Jeff's impromptu birthday party

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jeff, you look like a Flagstaff hippie! Get a haircut...

Anonymous said...

It's hard to imagine going from the warm 70s of mid week to maybe upper 50s this weekend, if we're lucky. It will sting for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing the monster course that's been laid out for the NC Gran Prix. Thanks to Jenna for taking the pics and as always to Shawn for posting them. Jeff and Brian, I appreciate the miracle work you guys do on my Frankenstein bike. Shawn had two great races last year in H'ville. Let's see him throw down again this year.
-Mahogoff