Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A hard decision

I'm quitting my teaching job. This has been a hard decision to make, but one that I feel is ultimately best for my family. Given the amount of time that will be required of me to help facilitate the large money transfers for the Star Energy Group, PLC, I feel it is for the best. I feel that the winnings from the UK Promo Lottery will serve as an adequate cushion in the transition time between teaching and my OPEC career, so I think we'll be okay. What really pushed me over the edge was the recent news that I received that I had also won 1.5 million dollars in the Foundation de France sports lottery. I think that my time now can honestly best be spent sitting back and letting the money come to me. I think that my big problem has been the spurious belief taught to me by my parents that you have to work to earn money. Apparently, that is not the path to wealth. So for now, a big "Hello, gravy train!!!"

A couple of shop announcements:

We are very excited to be able to announce that we are now a Specialized Accessories dealer! We have a large shipment of products that will be landing on our doorstep in the next few days, so come check it out!

Due this addition, we are closing out all of our in stock Adidas cycling shoes for 50% off! We have Adidas Tri-star, Race, and Vueltano road shoes as well as mtn. bike shoes and some women's specific road shoes. Get 'em before they're gone!

If you would like to attend a group trainer ride on Tuesday or Thursday night, please call the shop or drop me an email. We will be there if you want to come, but if no one expresses a desire for a particular night we will consider the ride canceled.

Don't forget 'cross racing in Boone this Sunday! It should be very good 'cross racing weather and I'm sure the beer tent will be the prime place to catch all the action since the course goes past it about 5 times per lap! See you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shawn, looks you're buying!!! Thanks bro
HH