Sunday, November 25, 2007

Lucky day!

Thanksgiving came off without a hitch. We got up and started cooking and got the turkey in at about 12:30. Cooking the Thanksgiving turkey is the high wire act of holiday dining. If you cook it right, then the meal comes off without a hitch. But screw up the turkey and people will talk about how you ruined thanksgiving for years. The worst is going to someone else's house and being served some super dry turkey and knowing that you could do a better job. So it was great to have a great meal with great food and great friends...

As if all of that wasn't enough, I received this email:

Dear Friend

Let me formally introduce myself to you, I am Mr. Raymond Wessel
president/founder STAR ENERGY GROUP PLC, we are OPEC members who deals on
crude oil and raw material and export into the America,Canada, Europe,
Africa South America and Asia.I will want to solicit for your assistance
to help collect a cheque that is due for payment to me for services and
supplies i rendered to my a client.

Please if you are willing to assist, i will want you to furnish me with
your particulars, so as to enable me give you further details. Please,
you have to be an honest and trust worthy person, as more payments
will be made through you in the course of this transaction.And more so you
will be entitled to 10% of every payment that you are able to receive
for us from our customers.
Provide for Us Your personal and banking details.

We look forward in working with you.

Sincerely
Raymond Wessel (Mr.)
Chief Executive Officer
Star Energy Group Plc


Now, it isn't often that this sort of windfall comes into my life, so I plan on taking full advantage of it. Given my extensive background with helping out exiled members of various Nigerian royal families, I have worked out some foolproof ways of dealing with these delicate money transfers.
1) I only accept gold bullion or uncut diamonds; no wire transfers!
2) I transfer the money to Mr. Wessel by purchasing iTunes gift cards in the total amount needed in $25 increments.

This is win-win for both of us. In fact, Mr. Wessel can buy a lot of digital music, burn them to disc multiple times and make a killing selling bootleg music on the black market.

As if hooking up with the Star Energy Group weren't lucky enough, I also received an email informing me that I had won a UK Promo Lottery by having my email randomly selected from a worldwide email list! What are the odds of being so lucky? Should be a good Christmas around the Moore household...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new found wealth and luckiness! If your string of luck continues... a 'cross race with no crashes and good finish is surely in your future.