Thursday, October 25, 2007

Soggy and groggy

The new Luna Cycles' Cyclocross Pit Kit

I can't believe that it has been steadily raining for 3 days! I know this will barely put a dent in our drought situation, but it's much better than the weeks and weeks of dry, hot weather that have been the norm. The downside is that the cold and the wet have made me forgo my usual nighttime run. That's probable a good thing considering how sore and tired I am today.

As the time change is coming up and the weather seems to be making a permanent change towards Fall, I wanted to find out if there would be any interest in group trainer rides at the shop. If you would be interested, give us a call at the shop or drop me an email.

Tomorrow I am going to Charlotte with all of my students for a field trip to Hendrick Motorsports and Michael Waltrip Racing. We are working on a Nascar Physics unit and the trip should provide some pretty real world examples of how physics is used. The kids are pretty stoked and have been thanking me for the trip and we haven't even been yet! I'll post some pics soon.

Last, but not least, Deb Venti (owner of Venti's Casa and Chicks with Sticks) is running a write-in campaign for Mayor of Lenoir. She is running against the unopposed incumbent David Barlowe. If you are interested in an alternative, drop by her store and see what she has to say!

5 comments:

Larry said...

Never thought about taking dear old dad along to learn about race cars and stuff. Oh, well, guess I will just have to stay here chained to the house waiting to read about your next exciting adventure in your blog.

Remember, that young mechanic and pit crew member is the backbone of your operation. Youth, good looks, his strawberry blond hair, ever-present binkey and his grandpa's way with the chicks keeps the bikes rolling at Luna Cycles. People throughout the world now know the real reason for the success of your business. In one word - Owen!

Good luck tomorrow. Have fun.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Shawn, Thanks for the shout out for Deb. To be fair, she is the owner of Venti's Casa and She-Sha's. Hazel Hayes, is the owner of Chix with Stix. Just thought I should be thorough enough to clarify that.

I've been to one of the Nascar tours and I think you all will have a great time. It'd be great to hear how you'll tie in the physics lessons with those real world applications. Have fun and see you soon.
Jack

Anonymous said...

Trainer rides...what did you have in mind?

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in the trainer rides at the shop- count me in - Jenna

Anonymous said...

That's one of the cutest pic's I think I've ever seen.