Friday, October 09, 2009

The Odyssey


The bike industry calls with the voice of a thousand sirens. Tempting. Luring. I feel myself succumbing to her. Yearning. It's the same old pull that I've felt since I was 15. The heady aroma of rubber and grease, the gleam of bike frames lined up row upon row. The complete immersion in the two-wheeled world is a heady experience. I love it, embrace it, and come back for more. I am forever a hopeless bike geek, shop rat. What that says about me, I don't know. The path I tread is caught between two worlds. One world is rigid with expectation and responsibility. The other world still serious, but with a gleam in its eye, a smirk on its face and a beer in its outstretched hand.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you old friend.

brewmeister HH said...

great painting to add, thanks bud
HH

Anonymous said...

Hi Shawn, this is your mid-life crisis calling! Are you HOME in the bike shop or at WORK teaching science?


JB

Kelly said...

You have been granted an "Honest Scrap" award! Please visit my blog to read about it!

Grom's Mom