Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Press Release

"Although I have never been a professional cyclist nor a member of the Pro Tour peloton, I have, after much careful consideration and after discussing it with my wife, child, two dogs, our cat, my neighbor and a guy who was jogging down the street, decided to come out of retirement.  Never before had I thought that even competing in the world's greatest cycling races was an obtainable goal for me, but now I know that with the right combination of above board medical technology and shadowy underworld pharmaceutical enhancement, I may one day stand on the podium of one of the Grand Tours.  I look forward to competing against Lance Armstrong, Alexander Vinokourov, Francisco Mancebo, Ivan Basso, and many other of the world's greatest cyclists."

- Shawn Moore, former washed up, never was pro cyclist announcing his "return" to the Pro Peloton

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all that!

Eddie Winkler former and present never was,

Anonymous said...

While you're out there... tell the 7-time TDF winner and cancer survivor I said hello... and see if you get a Polaroid and an autograph. Oh, and good luck to you too and all that stuff you're doing and all. It's so great to see that Lance made an impact on you too in so many ways. Let's begin the chant now... EIGHT! EIGHT! EIGHT!...