Thursday, October 30, 2008

The enabler

So, in addition to this Sunday's Lenoir edition of the NC Cyclocross Series, Saturday sees race number 3 of the TN MSG Cross series hit Bristol, TN.  I had mentioned this to Golden last week and between you and me, she was less than thrilled at the prospect of a double race weekend,  and rightly so, I must add.  Too much goin on in a tightly packed weekend is hard with a two year-old running around in full effect.  So I let the idea drop of trying to do both.

Then up pops a text message this afternoon from none other than Hammer down Jack Brown asking if I was interested in hitting the race and jetting back here in time to do course setup on Saturday.  Damn you, Jack!  We'll have to wait and see how this bit of bedevilment turns out.  Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Larry said...

If you are as smart as I think you should be, you will listen to Golden and spend the extra time with her and Bug.

Take it from the voice of experience.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Larry, you are a wise man but that's gonna wreck our game plan of another Sledgehammer podium. I recognize your experience and know the Middle Mr. Moore has his hands full with this decision. I'll respect whichever choice is made as I too know the importance of keeping mama happy.
JB

Anonymous said...

If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!