Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Daylight savings time saved my life.

I don't think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder or anything, but it would be impossible to express how happy it makes me to have sunlight well into the evening. Finally, riding during the week can take place outdoors! The tuesday/thursday shop rides are in full effect and depart from the shop at 5:30 pm. The saturday group ride will now be leaving at 9 am, so we can squeeze in another hour on the bike before dispersing to the four corners of the county to do all of the things we need to accomplish on the weekends.

My posts have been very sparse as of late and I would like to offer an explanation. March 31st is the deadline for the completion of my portfolio for National Boards Professional Teaching Standards certification. To say that I am writing a lot right now would be a severe understatement. I will emerge from the seclusion after this month, but expect to see me out on the group rides as I need to turn my legs to try and slow down the wheels in my head.

A little shop news to give you a heads up on: the Specialized Spring Break Sale will be from March 13th - 22nd.  Loads of free stuff when you buy certain Specialized models.  Make sure to check the shop website for more details!

Paris-Nice just got a whole lot more interesting today as Sylvain Chavenal took the stage and the lead from Alberto Contador.  A late in the game, audacious break seems to have worked.  Can't believe that Discovery would fall asleep at the wheel on something like that, so even greater kudos to Chavenal.  Regardless of the final outcome, Sylvain looks set to pick up where he left off last season and continue his winning ways.  He said of his ride today, "I saw the Rabobank riders gathering in the front," the Frenchman explained. "I took my jacket off - I was ready for the war." Nice to see a frenchman doing well in a big race on home soil.  Friday's mountain finish looks to be the make it or break it stage.  don't forget you can follow the action live on velonews.com and cyclingnews.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Discovery? Wow, you must have been listening long and hard to some Springsteen (i.e. Glory Days). With that said, looks like Chavanel gave some time back today.

Charles