Friday, December 15, 2006

A little holiday spirit would be great

I got this in my inbox today:



Hey everyone!

Alex and I found a stray dog two months ago at a gas station in Lenoir . She was going from car to car trying to find someone who would help her. When we opened our car door she jumped right in!

She was in pretty bad shape - hook worms, bad skin, ear infection and really thin. We had her shots/ check up, treated the worms and had her spayed. During the operation the vet found out that she was pregnant with eleven puppies. At only 40 pounds and starving to death I don't think she would have survived the birth of eleven puppies.

We have nursed her back to health and she is doing great. She has a healthy coat of skin and hair due to some really good food. She is fully crate trained and house trained. She is a super sweet dog who loves people and other dogs. She walks well on a leash. I have been using a prong collar with her and she heals right beside me with minimal correction. She really doesn't bark but makes cute silly noises.

The vet thinks she is probably a pit bull and lab mix. She is approx a year old. Our vet thinks she will max out at about 55 pounds. Small and stocky. She does have a high prey drive with squirrels so I think she would need a fenced in area and need to be on a leash when out and about.

She also rides well in the car and doesn't mind going to the vet. She seems to be a very well balanced dog with no signs of aggression with people or dogs.

If I didn't have six dogs already I would keep her for sure!

Please forward this email to friends, family and rescue organizations you think might be interested. It is one of my main goals in life to never turn an animal away who asks me for help. Alex and I have fostered and placed several cats and dogs over the years and reunited some with their families as well. We can't do it alone so any help in placing these animals we can get from friends and family and even strangers is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Beth Holden
828-265-6464 cell
828-758-7588 home
beth@aholdendesigns

I know somebody out there would like a dog for Christmas - what'ya say? If you know someone or you are interested get with Beth and let her know. She and Alex are huge-hearted dog people, so you can take this pup with no reservations!

Take advantage of this weekend's incredible weather; a little spring in winter action for sure! We'll be heading out at 10am from the shop tomorrow, so ditch the booties and tights and come enjoy some base miles in the warmth!

No comments: