Tuesday, November 28, 2006

"Don't drive angry..."



You may remember that prior to the NCGP 'cross races, I said that hopefully we would see a return of the angry. Jeff told JB that he just didn't have that fire in the belly anymore. "You need to find angry Jack" is what Jeff's advice was.

When I first met Jack, the guy rode like he was bound and determined to make everyone pay for a lifetime's worth of misdeeds, but now he is much mellower due to some new found happiness. Now I don't want to rain on anyones happy little parade, but come on, it's 'cross - you've gotta have some anger - or else its just getting dirty and screwing up a nice bike.

Well my friends, I think it is safe to say that the anger has returned to the Luna cycles crew. And since most of you probably don't believe me I have a little evidence for ya:



Here you see Jeff putting the wood to the master's 35+ field from the gun. I suggest you hum "Eye of the Tiger" while looking at this one.



Shelly Welch gutting it out in a combined 3-4 field. The overnight shifter change made her even more ready for drilling it all the way to the podium.



Jack Brown balances the warm glow of happiness with just a little razor blade of mean. Burlington is so suited to this guy it ain't even funny...



Yes dear friends, even I got in on the act, but I can't take all the credit for such a good race weekend. Some credit is due to Big Jonny for the drunkcyclist sweatband and matching socks. Money may not be able to buy you happiness, but it can help get your mean-on started.

Alrighty then: the countdown continues with 3 days to go until the Luna Cycles Customer Appreciation Throwdown and 5 days until the return of nccyclocross at Burlington! Get your A game ready!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well folks, the gauntlet has been laid. I've got to find my copies of Vision Quest and Rocky Soundtracks for the hurt that's going to be Burlington. Timely enough I found a taste of angry yesterday doing 'Bend and Thrusts' in Shelli's workout class. I was just about pissed off at the end of those dreadful things. Time to break out the headlights for the pain cave, people. JB